Pages

1.8.11

north

While I'm not feeling my best one thing that helps me escape the mucus is remembering the weekend we had up north.

C and I made the ferry trip on an overcast friday morning to the highly recommended Waiheke Island. A $1.50 bus fare got us from the ferry terminal to the small township of Oneroa. To stretch our legs after the ferry ride we wandered around the town to decide where we were going to have lunch and to take a look at some of the local artisan stores. We came across a clever little store that I could have spent hours in (reduce, reuse, recycle - can't find a website sorry). Not only does Waiheke have an art gallery, it has a full arts centre, with artists in residence and exhibitions from local and international artists. On an after lunch walk we began to understand why this space is so inspirational, the golden beaches, tropical flora and relaxed lifestyle all contribute to an escape from the everyday and allow the locals to find their creativity (or so I assume).

Wishing we could stay longer on our seat on the beach we were dragged away with only having seen a small portion of what Waiheke has to offer but enough left to justify a trip back soon!

While we were in Auckland I had to take the opportunity to do some shopping as there is little to offer in Christchurch of late. Two purchases that are now brightening my wardrobe are

Sheer fabric that will need to be taken in at the waist, but there's no way I could have said no to that colour!




This skirt got my attention straight away, the fabric is a thin corduroy with vibrant reds, so comfy too!

Thanks K Rd, hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment