Pages

25.7.11

just starting


Almost three months ago I read an article in the local paper about a lady in Christchurch who sold crossstitch kits. I was enthralled by her creative talent and the way a skill of yesteryear had been updated so beautifully for our modern age. This lead me to felt where I was suddenly in a world full of wonder, beauty, skill and talent that I never knew existed, right here in New Zealand. I had found something that I didn't know I had been looking for.

Using my sewing and knitting skills I had learnt as a teenager I have proceeded to move into a space of crafting, upcycling and making all round life changes. I am by no means an expert and I am still so new to the craft movement it is very intimidating to see all these talented women out there who fill their time with creating.

It may sound contrived but I think this is what I have always been meaning to do.
When I was in my early twenties - not so long ago - I decided that my purpose on this planet was to leave something behind that I had created, a contribution to the world as such, whether that be in words, art or life. By creating this blog I am leaving my words, by using my spare time to sew, paint, collage, stitch, knit, crochet or draw I am leaving my art. One day maybe I can create some life too.

I'm Alice, I live in Christchurch, I work full time, and I have C, who makes me smile at least once every day.

It's very nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment